THRIVE Programme 2023
THRIVE is a two day programme in September/October 2023. The programme will cover essential business skills and food product development knowledge to support a new business idea – whether food product or service.
THRIVE is delivered by industry experts from SRUC and QMU. THRIVE is free for all students, alumni and SME’s in the food and drink industry. Whether your idea is a new product or a food and drink-related rural diversification, this programme could benefit you.
THRIVE is a great opportunity to connect with industry experts at SRUC and QMU and network with other entrepreneurs in Scotland’s food and drink industry.
Please click the tabs below to see the breakdown of the program. Please note you do not need to attend all sessions.
- Day 1 - Business Skills
- Day 2 - Food Product Development
- Day 2 - Pitch Your Product
- Sign Up Information
Saturday 23rd September 2023
Sessions will cover the following areas;
- Tips on how to pitch your product or service
- Looking at marketing trends, influences and opportunities
- Creating and building your brand
- Importance of marketing research
- Highlighting pricing strategies
- Tips of marketing and routes to market
Saturday 14th October 2023
Morning Session - 9am - 12pm: On Campus at QMU (restricted numbers)
- Product development – practical session
- Sensory aspects of your product – tasting session
Afternoon Session 1pm - 4pm: On Campus at QMU & Online
- Nutrition regulation and health claims
- Analysis of food and drink products
- Co-packing vs self-manufacturing
Saturday 14th October 2023 – 4:15pm to 7pm
On Campus at QMU or Online
5 participants will have the opportunity to carry out a 5 minute pitch with their product to our judges. Participants can pitch online or in person.
The judges will provide verbal feedback to pitches and select a winner. The prize will be a half-day consultancy with an industry expert from the Scottish Centre for Food Development and Innovation and a half-day consultancy with an industry expert from SAC Consulting. Also a £100 Amazon or John Lewis voucher.
Please register your interest by contacting HelloSCFDI@qmu.ac.uk.