THRIVE Programme 2022
THRIVE is a two day programme in November and will cover essential business skills and knowledge to support a new business idea – whether food product or service – including concept development, planning, marketing, pitching, food legislation and access to general business support information.
THRIVE is delivered by industry experts from SRUC and QMU. THRIVE is free for all students, alumni and current SME’s in the food and drink industry. Whether your idea is a new product or a food and drink-related rural diversification, this programme could benefit you.
THRIVE is a great opportunity to connect with industry experts at SRUC and QMU and network with other entrepreneurs in Scotland’s food and drink industry.
Please click the tabs below to see the breakdown of the program. Please note you do not need to attend all sessions and practical sessions have restricted numbers.
- Day 1 - Business Skills
- Day 2 - Food Product Development
- Day 2 - Pitch Your Product
- Sign Up Information
Saturday 5th November 2022
Sessions will cover the following areas;
- Tips on how to pitch your product or service
- Looking at marketing trends, influences and opportunities
- Creating and building your brand
- Importance of marketing research
- Highlighting pricing strategies
- Tips of marketing and routes to market
Saturday 12th November 2022
Morning Session - 9am - 12pm: On Campus at QMU (restricted numbers)
- Product development – practical session
- Sensory aspects of your product – tasting session
Afternoon Session 1pm - 4pm: On Campus at QMU & Online
- Essential nutrition information
- Analysis of food and drink products
- Understanding food legislation
- Co-packing vs self-manufacturing
Saturday 12th November 2022 – 4:15pm to 7pm
On Campus at QMU or Online
6 participants will have the opportunity to carry out a 5 minute pitch with their product to our 4 judges. Participants can pitch online or in person.
The judges will provide verbal feedback to pitches and select a winner. The prize will be a half-day consultancy with an industry expert from the Scottish Centre for Food Development and Innovation and a half-day consultancy with an industry expert from SAC Consulting. Also a £100 Amazon or John Lewis voucher.