Research Ethics Committee Applications (Staff and Students)
This page provides guidance on which Research Ethics Committee you should apply to.
Does your research involve any of the special categories below?
- Vulnerable individuals with INCAPACITY* to take consent
- NHS patients (relates to clients/patients recruited through the NHS)
- Security sensitive research
- Human tissue research
- Travel risk Threat Scale Rating is equal to or above 3.5
- Major Invasive Procedures
* Note: children who are able to assent or consent are not considered vulnerable.
Submit your application to: University Research Ethics Committee (UREC)
Submit your application to your Divisional Research Ethics Committee (DivREC):
- Division of Media, Communication and Performing Arts - Applications should be submitted to the relevant supervisor who will then submit it to the MCPA OneDrive site.
- Queen Margaret Business School - Undergraduate applications should be submitted by the supervisor to BEaMethics@qmu.ac.uk . Postgraduate applications should be submitted by the supervisor to BEaMethicsPG@qmu.ac.uk.
- Division of Psychology, Sociology and Education - All applications should be submitted by the applicant to PSEemail@example.com
- Division of Dietetics, Nutrition and Biological Sciences, Physiotherapy, Podiatry and Radiography - All applications should be submitted to the dedicated Canvas area for your subject area.
- Divisions of Occupational Therapy & Arts Therapies and Nursing & Paramedic Science - All applications should be submitted by the applicant to DivEthics@qmu.ac.uk
- Division of Speech and Hearing Sciences - All applications should be submitted by the applicant to SHSEthics@qmu.ac.uk
- The Institute for Global Health and Development - All applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.