Welcome to the Occupational Therapy section of the Practice-Based Learning Support Web Site.
Queen Margaret University offers 2 pre-registration occupational therapy programmes requiring practice-based learning experiences. These are:-
- Master of Occupational Therapy (pre-registration)
- MSc Occupational Therapy (pre-registration)
Our programmes run as an Integrated masters programme with learning being shared across between routes where possible. Learners may also exit with a BSc (Hons) or PgDip in Occupational Therapy and be eligible to register with HCPC. Regardless of route or programme, all leaners are on PBL modules at the same time and must meet the same learning outcomes.
Supporting the practice learning element of these programmes is the following Practice-based Learning Team:
Julie King – Lecturer, contact for MSc Occupational Therapy (pre registration) practice placements
Joanna Beveridge – Lecturer, contact for Master of Occupational Therapy (pre registration) practice placements and Master of Occupational Therapy modules
Pamela Knox – Placement Administrator, School of Health Sciences. Pamela is responsible for the administration of all placement modules
Xanthe Duncan - Placement Team Coordinator, Academic Administration. Xanthe coordinates the core regulatory requirements across the placement spectrum and ensures student's compliance.
How to Contact Us:
All enquiries should be directed in the first instance to Pamela Knox via OT Placement
General Web Resources
The weblinks below are provided as resources to support you in your practice-based learning role:
- Royal College of Occupational Therapists. There are specific PBL resources on the ‘CPD@RCOT’ then ‘Practice-based learning’ pages
- Health & Care Professions Council
- Supporting students with dyslexia (external PDF)
- Guide to Practice-Based Learning (PBL) for Neurodivergent Students (external PDF)
- Resources on Supervision - e-resources can be downloaded under ‘support material’
- NHS Education for Scotland
- World Federation of Occupational Therapists
- TURAS (log in required)
- Occupational Therapy Practice Education Collaborative - Queensland
This section contains information that is common to all our Occupational Therapy pre-registration programmes at Queen Margaret University.
All of the documents can be printed out using File/Print. In the case of Word forms, these are designed to be saved to your local file space using File/Save as and then completed on-screen before saving again. If required, they can then be printed out for signatures etc.
Primarily For Students
Case Study Guide (pdf)
Reflective Diary Handbook (Word)
Learner Evaluation of PBL (Word)
PBL Assessment Forms
These are largely based on our existing assessment forms so you will hopefully be very familiar with them. The Learning Agreement is now incorporated in to the assessment forms.
Midway contact – at the mid-way point of each PBL, the students Personal Academic Tutor will email you using this form. Best practice is to include the student when responding to this email.