We aim to provide a broad range of high quality, value for money food and retail services on campus, provided by our catering services partner BaxterStorey.
As well as staff and students, the local community are very welcome to take advantage of our catering and retail outlets.
Full details of opening hours and menu details can be found below.
Maggie’s Bar & Café
Opening hours (Summer period - from 1st May 2022):
- Monday to Wednesday 8.30am - 7pm (5pm for food)
- Thursday & Friday 8.30am - 10pm (8pm for food)
- Saturday 9am - 10pm (8pm for food)
- Sunday 10am - 5pm (4pm for food)
For full menu details, please look at our Maggie's Bar and Café Facebook page.
Here are the important factors to remember when visiting Maggie's:
- Please order at the bar or you can use the app 'Round' (download from your app store) and order from your table.
- Please wear a face covering if you feel more comfortable in doing so.
- Please try to maintain physical distancing throughout.
- We encourage all payments to be contactless.
- The importance of good hand hygiene is promoted throughout Maggie's. You’ll find a hand sanitiser station available as soon as you enter.
Download Round, order to collect, pick up, enjoy
Delivery across Campus?
Download Round, order to table 100, put your address or room number into the requests box (this is extremely important for us to know where we're going!!), delivery, enjoy
Please look at our Maggie's Facebook page for more details.
Starbucks Coffee Pod
Starbucks is located in the main academic building atrium offering a selection of hot and cold drinks, sandwiches, panini’s, toasties, salads and soup along with a selection of snack items.
Opening Hours (from 1st May 2022)
Monday to Friday 8.30am - 3.30pm
|Espresso||Solo: £1.75||Doppio: £2.35|
|Chai tea Latte||£3.15||£3.50||£3.90|
|Classic Hot Chocolate||£3.15||£3.50||£3.90|
Paper cup charge of £0.50, no charge for Keep Cups or crockery.
1875 is located in the main academic building offering a lunch service.
Opening Hours (from 1st May 2022):
- 1875 will be closed over the summer months May - August
Opening Hours (Semester 2):
• Monday to Sunday – 24 hours
The Nook is our newest catering space located just off 1875 food court and is our first fully self-service area.
We have a selection of sandwiches, snacks, juices and hot drinks. Simply select your item, take it to our self-service till and pay for your items using your debit/credit card, 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
Please do continue to take the time to give us your feedback on The Nook, there are QR codes dotted around the space or you can email our Catering Manager Julie Smith directly.
You can also follow The Nook on social media @qmucampuslife
University Retail Facilities
Our shop can be located within the 1875 servery area. This is operational Monday to Friday 11am-2.30pm during term time. We also have a small outlet in Maggie's, this is open when Maggie's is open.
We stock a wide variety of household items along with confectionery and stationary.
If there is something you would like to see us stock in our retail space, please do just let us know by emailing our Catering Manager, Julie Smith.
We have a number of vending machines that are available on campus. These are located on:
Level 0 (cold drinks & confectionery) in 1875
Level 3 (cold drinks & confectionery) outside the Halle Lecture Theatre
Accessible during main building opening hours
Please note: all vending machines accept contactless payment only
Hospitality Service (Meetings)
QMU staff can order catering for meetings on campus using our online booking system.
Catering Online Bookings - For QMU Staff only Catering Online Booking Form
Point of Sale - Payment Methods
Point of Sale - Payment Methods
- All our catering outlets accept debit/credit card, Apple Pay, Google Pay, contactless with no minimum spend required and cash payments.
- Vending machines are located in the main academic building in 1875 and on level 3. They accept contactless payments only.
- The vending machine in Accommodation accepts cash and contactless and the Sports vending accepts cash only.
- Departmental Hospitality Cards can be requested by Budget Holders and used to make purchases in all the Catering & Retail outlets.
QMU and our catering partner BaxterStorey value your custom and more importantly Your Feedback to ensure we are providing a good service, good quality food and that the menu variety suits your tastes.
You can either complete the Online Customer Feedback Forms by clicking on the following (intranet) links:
Or alternatively fill in our Customer Comment Cards located at each outlet and post your comments in the post boxes provided.
Thank you for Your Feedback.