Undergraduate Accommodation Fees and Payment Options
2023/24 QMU Accommodation Fees
38 WEEK CONTRACT
01 September 2023 - 24 May 2024
|Standard Room||£5054 (£133 per week)|
|Premium Room||£6080 (£160 per week)|
The cost includes hot water, electricity, heating and internet connection and basic contents insurance provided through Endsleigh Insurance.
The student accommodation is leased on a 38 week basis starting from Friday 1 September 2023, including Christmas and Easter.
If you are studying at QMU for one semester only then you may be eligible for a single semester contract. Please contact us for further information.
Please ensure you take time to carefully read the Terms and Conditions of your accommodation contract before accepting it. Once accepted, your accommodation contract is a legally binding agreement and you will be liable for accommodation fees for the full duration of the contract.
This payment is to be made by credit/debit card at the time of accepting your accommodation offer in order to fully accept your place in halls. This money is credited to the student’s residence fee account and shall be deducted from residence fees due for the complete residence period. Please note this pre-payment is not a security deposit and it will not be refunded at the end of your tenancy.
- One payment in full: This can be made by credit/debit card payment by telephone or bank transfer on or before arrival.
- Direct Debit: This is made in 8 instalments (October - May). Please complete and return your direct debit mandate once you have accepted your offer. Your completed direct debit form should be returned to the Finance Office at least 15 working days before the first instalment date.
- 2 equal instalments: The first payment should be made on OR prior to arrival and the second payment should be made in the first week of January.
- Recurring Card Payment (RCP): This will be 8 monthly instalments by credit/debit card from October to May. To set up a RCP using your debit/credit card you should login to the QMU Student Portal where you will see your invoice and the option to pay in instalments. Please ensure the invoiced amount excludes any payments you have already made (eg pre-payment of £250). If the invoice is not visible or your payments have not already been deducted, please contact the Finance Office before setting up the RCP.
Accommodation fees can be paid using the following methods:
- Credit/Debit card: In person or by calling the Finance Office on +44 (0)131 474 0030
- Bank Transfer: Our bank details are in our Payment Options guide