Support for Armed Forces / Ex-Services and their families
We are proud to support armed forces veterans and are committed to supporting ex-service members (and their families) who are seeking re-training back in the civilian world.
The University has signed the Armed Forces Covenant, which sets out our pledge to support students and staff associated with the Armed Forces community. The Armed Forces Covenant is a promise by the nation ensuring that those who serve or who have served in the armed forces, and their families, are treated fairly.
As part of the Covenant, the University has appointed Callum Maguire, Head of Widening Participation and Outreach, as our Armed Forces Champion.
- Support We Offer
- Who to Contact
To help you get to QMU, we can provide you with:
- Advice on routes through education, including college opportunities
- Support to complete your UCAS application and Personal Statement
- A guaranteed offer* to the course you have applied for at the minimum entry requirement
* We will try, wherever possible, to guarantee you a place on the specific course you have applied to, but this will not be possible in every circumstance.
It might not be possible to offer you a place on your chosen course if, for example:
- it is a course with lots of applicants and not many places;
- places are strictly limited by the Scottish Government (e.g. Education Studies (Primary), Nursing, Paramedic Science).
In some subject areas minimum entry requirements also include successful performance at interview or audition, or a successful portfolio assessment. Where entry to a course is determined largely by interview, audition, portfolio assessment or similar, we will guarantee your progression to that stage of the application process.
Your performance at this stage will determine whether you are offered a place.
Once you arrive at QMU we can offer you:
- Individualised advice about funding and financial supportPriority places on transition and support activities such as QMAdvance and QMConnect
- Extended leases in accommodation
- Priority access to opportunities for paid employment on campus
Please contact our Armed Forces Champion, Callum Maguire if you would like to find out more about how we can support you at QMU.
Armed Forces Contact
Please contact Callum Maguire, Head of Widening Participation and Outreach, if you would like to find out more about how we can support you at QMU.Show Contacts