Supporting student carers, care experienced and estranged students at QMU.
Deciding to study at university is a big step for anybody and if you are care experienced, have caring responsibilities or are estranged from your family, it’s important to know what support QMU can offer you.
QM Cares is available throughout the year to provide general and tailored information, advice, guidance, and support whenever you need it.
As part of QM Cares you’ll enjoy:
- Individualised advice about funding and financial support
- Priority places on transition and support activities such as QM Advance and Direct Entrant Week
- Extended leases in accommodation
- Priority access to opportunities for paid employment on campus
- Monthly drop-ins to meet like-minded students and supportive staff
If you are considering applying to QMU, or you are already registered as a student, please contact our named contact, Gayle Green, who will be able to advise on the support we offer for Estranged Students, Student Carers and Care Experienced students.
See our key documents below:
QM Cares Named Contact
Please contact Gayle Green, Widening Participation Officer (Support Coordinator), if you would like to find out more about how we can support you at QMU.Show Contacts