Graduate School and Doctoral Research
The Graduate School’s mission is to:
- Ensure high quality graduate education
- Maximise the quality of the student experience
- Ensure timely research progression and completion rates
- Share good practice on research supervision
- Represent graduate issues within and outside the university
- Oversee and continuously review doctoral degree administration
- Maintain a vibrant community of doctoral students
- Grow the doctoral student population and seek opportunities for new international business
- Promote an inclusive and interdisciplinary research environment for PhD and Professional Doctorate students
- Promote collaboration within the University and with external partners
The Graduate School receives administrative support provided by the Graduate School Team in the Division of Governance and Quality Enhancement (GQE).
We provide support and development opportunities for doctoral students and supervisors.
We are offering a 10% discount in postgraduate tuition fees for alumni who have graduated with an undergraduate degree from the University’s Edinburgh campus. This discount is available for students who register for a full or part-time postgraduate degree.
This discount applies to home and international students, and applies to the self-funded element of the postgraduate tuition fee only. Self-funded fees include those supported by a tuition fee loan. This discount does not apply to any part of the tuition fee which is covered by a scholarship, funding body, your employer, a company, or any other source of funding.
For further information or enquiries please get in touch.Show Contacts