Technology Services provides an integral part of learning within QMU. We assist your learning activities by providing and supporting IT facilities for all students across the institution.
Within our new campus, the main IT provision is housed in the state-of-the-art Learning Resource Centre. Study spaces are provided, most with access to the QMU networked IT and research facilities via thin-client technology.
Each terminal offers access to software, including:
- Microsoft Office applications suite
- Subject specific specialist applications
- Internet and email access via our own high speed network
- High quality print, photocopy and scanner facilities
- Access to a variety of academic and research facilities
Certain subject areas also offer specialised facilities for laboratory and research work – your lecturers or tutors will advise you where this is available.
All rooms in the student halls of residence offer internet access, and students may connect to this with their own computers.
Our Remote Desktop service allows 24/7 access to the majority of applications and electronic resources from off-campus and wherever an internet connection is available.