What Happens Next? - PVG Disclosure/Police Check
If you decide to accept our offer to study one of our Healthcare courses, you are required to provide us with a satisfactory criminal record check. Please note that Queen Margaret University reserve the right to withdraw your offer if your criminal record is not acceptable. If you have any questions about this, please contact the Admissions Office email@example.com
We will send you information on Police Checks and Disclosure after you have been made an offer.
- BSc (Hons) Diagnostic Radiography
- BSc (Hons) Dietetics
- BSc (Hons) Nursing
- BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy
- BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy
- BSc (Hons) Podiatry
- BSc (Hons) Speech and Language Therapy
- BSc (Hons) Therapeutic Radiography
Postgraduate and Pre Registration Courses
- MSc/PgDip (pre-reg) Audiology
- MSc/PgDip (pre-reg) Diagnostic Radiography
- MSc/PgDip (pre-reg) Dietetics
- MSc/PgDip (pre-reg) Occupational Therapy
- MSc/PgDip (pre-reg) Physiotherapy
- MSc/PgDip (pre reg) Speech and Language Therapy
- PgDip Radiotherapy and Oncology
- MSc Art Psychotherapy (International)
- MSc Music Therapy
- MSc Person Centred Practice (professional pathways only)
- BA (Hons) Drama and Performance/ Theatre and Film Studies students may also require a PVG Scheme Record for working with Children, depending on their specialism/ dissertation projects. These are normally applied for during the second year of study (for specialisms) or third year for honours projects.
- BSc (Hons) Physical Activity, Health & Wellbeing students may also require a PVG Scheme Record for working with Children, depending on their placement experience, and this will be advised by the Programme Leader when required.
Applicants from the UK
Applicants from Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland will be required to provide us with a satisfactory Disclosure Scotland PVG Scheme Record.
UK applicants must apply for a satisfactory Disclosure Scotland PVG Scheme Record prior to the start of the course. If you have NOT already joined the PVG Scheme you will need to complete an 'Application to Join PVG Scheme' form. This form will be sent to you from the Admissions Office.
If you have already joined the PVG Scheme, please contact the Admissions Team Admissions@qmu.ac.uk to discuss the process of applying for an updated record. You will need to complete an Existing Member application form and if you are a member of the scheme for both children and protected adults will pay a reduced fee of £18.
Applicants from outside the UK
Please note, due to new regulations set by the Scottish Government regarding student placements, it is a requirement of all QMU students to have a satisfactory Disclosure Scotland PVG Scheme Record. For International or European Applicants, this is in addition to a comparable police check from your home country.
Once matriculated with us and when you hold a UK address, you will also have to provide us with a satisfactory Disclosure Scotland PVG Scheme Record. The application form will be distributed to students during induction week.
Applicants from outside the UK will also be required to provide the Admissions Office with a satisfactory police check from their home country. This should be sent to the Admissions Office along with photocopied documents proving your current address, date of birth and photographic identification. This should be sent to us as soon as you accept your offer along with the Police Check Reply Slip.
If you are required to provide a police check from the Republic of Ireland, please contact your local police station and request that they produce a letter stating that you do not have any criminal convictions on record. Letters provided should be headed with the following statement: 'Request for access to Personal Data under Section 4 Data Protection Act 1988 & 2003.'
If you have any questions or concerns about any of the above, please contact the Admissions Office: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0131 474 0000 and ask for "Admissions."