Pharmacology for Podiatrists (Single Module)
This online module has been validated by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and will lead to annotation on the HCPC register for the use of prescription only medicines available to podiatrists. It can be studied on its own, can contribute to the MSc Podiatry or studied as part of the MSc Podiatric Surgery.
You will access the lecture content online through the internet and QMU's virtual learning environment, the Hub.
The module will cover:
- The principles of pharmacodynamics
- The principles of pharmacokinetics
- The action and use of antibiotic and antifungal drugs used in podiatry
- The action and use of drugs used for disorders of the Cardiovascular system
- Central and peripheral nervous system, respiratory system, endocrine system, and drugs related to the management of musculoskeletal conditions
- The MHRA (Medicine and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency) and the Yellow Card Scheme
- Pharmaceutical care for Podiatrists
You are required to be annotated on the HCPC register for the use of local anaesthetics and should be educated to ordinary degree level (BSc).
Start date: January each year. For confirmation of start date, please contact the staff member named below.
Outcomes: 15 credit points at SCQF Level 11.
Professional registration: This module has been validated by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and will lead to annotation on the HCPC register for the use of prescription only medicines available to podiatrists.
Location/Delivery: Online learning with tutor support
Fees: TBC for 2022 entry
Application: Please contact Admissions for details on how to apply.
For further information, including application process, please contact: John Veto +44 (0)131 474 0000.