Hilary Gardner is a Lecturer within the Division of Nursing and Paramedic Science.
My background is in community nursing as a District Nurse, community palliative Clinical Nurse Specialist with Marie Curie Hospice, practice development role with St Columba's Hospice Care and Clinical Educator in the Care Home Support Team NHS Borders, until I joined QMU in January 2023. I am interested in end of life care for people who are dying with or from dementia and palliative care delivered in the care home setting.
- St Columba's Hospice Care, Edinburgh
Teaching & Learning
My main areas of teaching are on:
- Principles of palliative care
- National and local strategies for delivery of palliative care
- Building a Therapeutic Relationship with the Patient and Family in Palliative Care
- Shadows and Horizons: Advancing Palliative Care Practice A Person-centred Approach to Working with People with Complex Pain and Symptoms