QMU ranks in the top 57% of universities in the world
QMU has moved up the QS World University Rankings (2023) for the third year in a row and is now placed in the top 57% of universities in the world.
Published on 9th June 2022, the QS World Rankings are considered the world’s most consulted source of comparative information about university performance. This year, QS rankings include almost 1,500 institutions from around the world. Prospective students, staff and others can research the rankings to compare criteria ranging from academic reputation to the number of international students enrolled.
QMU has enjoyed a steady rise since it first appeared in the rankings three years ago, moving from the top 70%, to the top 62% and now into the top 57% of universities in the world.
"We are delighted to feature in the QS World Ranking and to see our improved position which demonstrates our growing reputation on the world stage."
This year, we are particularly pleased to see some highlights including:
- Improved performance on ‘International Faculty’ which represents how internationally attractive the university is to academic staff and international students;
- ‘Very high’ scoring for our Research Intensity; and
- Increase in the number of times QMU’s research is cited within the global academic community, which indicates that we are producing higher levels of research outputs than the expected average for a university of our size.
The rankings are determined based on data from:
- an annual survey which evaluates the perceptions of academics from around the world regarding the best institutions in terms of research;
- views of employers around the world on the institutions providing the best professionals;
- staff/student ratio;
- average number of citations of papers produced by our research staff; and
- proportion of international faculty and international students.
Notes to Editor
For further media information please contact Lynne Russell, Communications Manager, Queen Margaret University, E: email@example.com; M: 07711 011239 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org.