QMU students in the limelight at Edinburgh Student Arts Festival 2016
Edinburgh Student Arts Festival (ESAF) 2016 kicks off on Friday 12 th February, including a range of exciting performances and exhibitions by QMU students.
This year’s festival features over 400 emerging creatives, celebrating art in the widest form, from performance art to visual art to talks and creative workshops.
‘With you’ by The Chocolate & Banana Theatre Company , Sunday 14 th February, 3pm
QMU student group, The Chocolate & Banana Theatre Company, will perform a piece called ‘With you’ at Summerhall on Sunday 14th February from 3pm.
‘With you’ is a devised fragmented piece of three forms of conversation we all have but don’t like to admit. It's free. It's short. It's as good as a banana + nutella crêpe.
The Chocolate & Banana Theatre Company members:
- Actor: Adum Bisset - 20 years old – BA (Hons) Drama and Performance - 3rd year
- Actor: Miriam Larrainzar - 25 years old – BA (Hons) Drama and Performance - 3rd year
- Director: Hong Anh Nguyen - 23 years old - BA (Hons) Theatre and Film - 3rd year
- Set Designer: Hannah Mutch - 20 years old - Drama and Performance - 3rd year
- Set Designer: Noora Muhonen - 23 years old - BA (Hons) Drama and Performance - 3rd year
The following performances are also by QMU students:
- QMU Drama society - Roxy Main Hall – Friday 12 th February, 14:30
- Cobweb Theatre Company - Wonders of the Web - Roxy Main Hall - Friday 12th February, 19:15
- Accelerate Theatre Company - Rome - Scottish Storytelling Centre – Saturday 13 th February, 14:00
- QMU Comedy Society - Scottish Storytelling Centre – Saturday 13 th February, 15:00
- Emma Harley - Irrelevant - Scottish Storytelling Centre - Saturday 13th February, 17:50
- Gemma McGinley - Heroes - Scottish Storytelling Centre - Saturday 13th February, 19:30
- QMU Musical Theatre - Summerhall – Sunday 14 th February, 14:00
- Chocolate & Banana Theatre Company - With You - Summerhall - Sunday 14th February, 15:00
- James Millar - An Evening with Yer Auntie Jambus - Summerhall - Sunday 14th February, 17:15
QMU Writers Society, Friday 12 th February to Friday 19 th February. Work exhibited at the Biscuit Factory and a sculpture created by QMU student, Hong Anh Ngyuen, with art collective, Kaleoncé, in collaboration with Edinburgh College of Art will also be on show at the Biscuit Factory.
The performance programme will take place from Friday 12 th February to Sunday 14 th February 2016 across three Edinburgh venues: the Assembly Roxy, Scottish Storytelling Centre and Summerhall. Ticket prices for the performance programme will be £3 for students and £5 for members of the public. Various shows in the programme will be free.
A free visual arts exhibition runs the entirety of the festival from Friday 12 February - Friday 19 February 2016 at The Biscuit Factory, City Art Centre, Gayfield Creative Spaces and the Scottish Storytelling Centre.
Notes to Editor
Edinburgh Student Arts Festival, company limited by guarantee in Scotland, company number SC521605, is the city’s first ever student-run arts festival, showcasing and celebrating emerging creatives from all five of Edinburgh’s higher education and further education institutions: the University of Edinburgh including Edinburgh College of Art, Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh College, Edinburgh Napier University and Heriot-Watt University, including Edinburgh School of Lighting and Sound. Thanks to the dynamic leadership of ESAF founder Briana Pegado and her creative committee of thirty-plus students and graduates from across the Edinburgh colleges and universities, ESAF promises to be a superb week of stimulating and unique events. ESAF forms a fantastic opportunity for students from across the Edinburgh colleges and universities to work side-by-side.
For enquiries: email@example.com
Edinburgh Student Arts Festival on Facebook
Edinburgh Student Arts Festival on Instagram
For further media information please contact Jonathan Perkins, Press and PR Officer, Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh, tel: 0131 474 0000, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For media enquiries or to access one of our experts.Show Contacts