QMU international students celebrate Saltire Scholarship success
Eleven international students from QMU are celebrating this week after showcasing their Saltire Scholarship success at a special event at Edinburgh Castle on Tuesday 24th November.
This year’s successful postgraduate students from QMU are from Canada and the United States of America. The students represent a range of subject areas, including MSc Physiotherapy (Pre Registration), MSc Music Therapy, MSc Occupational Therapy and MSc Audiology.
Hosted by the Scottish Government, the event brought together students from across Scotland who have benefitted from Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships over the past year.
Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships scheme offers students the opportunity to benefit from a £2,000 discount on their tuition fees for any one year of full time study. The Scholarships are offered on a matched funding basis between the Scottish Government and Scottish higher education Institutions.
The scholarships are designed to support the promotion of Scotland as a learning nation and a science nation and are therefore targeted at the priority sectors of creative industries, life sciences, technology, financial services and renewable and clean energy. These are available across key priority countries, including Canada, China, India and the United States of America.
The Scholarships are available to students as part of a wider strategy to promote Scotland as a study destination and showcase Scotland’s higher education offering in international markets.
In order to be eligible to apply for a Saltire Scholarship, candidates must have a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at a Scottish university on an eligible course.
Scotland’s Saltire Scholarship award winners 2015 from Queen Margaret University:
- Lindsay Cartwright (Canada) - Physiotherapy (Pre Registration)
- Dunika Dissanayake (Canada) - Physiotherapy (Pre Registration)
- Alison Parker (Canada) - MSc Physiotherapy (Pre Registration)
- Kelsey Madsen (United States) - MSc Music Therapy
- Kristi Witemyre (United States) - MSc Occupational Therapy (Pre Registration)
- Laura Wickham (Canada) - MSc Physiotherapy (Pre Registration)
- Leah Boudreau (Canada) - MSc Physiotherapy (Pre Registration)
- Mary Musselman (Canada) - MSc Audiology
- Melissa Hadfield (Canada) - MSc Physiotherapy (Pre Registration)
- Selby Tunney (Canada) - MSc Physiotherapy (Pre Registration)
- Tara Campbell (Canada) - MSc Physiotherapy (Pre Registration)
Notes to Editor
For further media information please contact Jonathan Perkins, Press and PR Officer, Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh, tel: 0131 474 0000, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For media enquiries or to access one of our experts.Show Contacts