Frequently asked questions
1. How can I submit an abstract for the conference?
The deadline for submissions has now passed, and abstracts can no longer be submitted.
2. What are the conference dates?
8th - 12th June 2022.
3. Is a one-day registration available?
No, registration is for all five days of the conference.
4. Can I book in person at the conference?
5. Can we make a group booking for the conference?
All delegates must register individually.
6. Is a group discount available?
Group discounts are not available.
7. Do conference presenters receive a discount for the conference?
There are no discounts for presenters.
8. Is there a discounted registration rate according to different countries’ GDP?
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer a discounted conference fee for delegates coming from countries with low- and middle-income economies. We very much hope though that the registration fee option for the online participation increases possibilities for participation.
9. I am not a music therapy student. Do I qualify for a concession?
There is a concession for any undergraduate and postgraduate students. This concession is not restricted to those studying music therapy.
10. I am a PhD student. Do I qualify for the student rate?
No, PhD students are not eligible for the student rate.
11. What kind of documentation is accepted when applying for the student rate?
A student card or a letter confirming your student registration.
12. I only work part-time. Are there any discounts for part-time workers?
The Early Bird is the discount price. For all prices, please refer to our registration web pages.
13. Do you offer any scholarships or bursaries to attend the EMTC conference?
We do not offer any scholarships or bursaries to attend the conference. Participants though may identify such scholarships or bursaries independently.
14. What forms of payment do you accept for the conference fee?
Registration payment can be made by credit card or debit card.
15. My employer wants to pay for my conference booking. What is the process?
Please contact email@example.com and they will arrange your registration and send an invoice. The payment as well as the booking must be made before 31st January 2022 for the Early Bird rate to apply. Please check the Bookings Terms and Conditions for further information.
16. When does the conference registration end?
If you wish to attend in person, we recommend that you register early as there is a limited number of spaces for face-to-face participation There is no limit to the number of delegates attending online.
17. What is included in my registration fee?
The registration fee to attend face-to-face includes receptions, meals and coffee breaks as specified in the programme, as well as online conference materials. There will be an additional charge for the ‘Night at the Museum’ (Gala dinner) on Friday 10th June. The registration fee for the online conference includes virtual access to the conference and all online conference materials.
18. Does the registration fee include accommodation?
The fee does not include accommodation.
19. Does the registration fee include travel costs for the conference?
All travel costs are the responsibility of the delegate. The EMTC Conference Team has secured rooms at the conference rate at certain hotels. Find out more accommodation including hotels and accommodation on campus.
20. If I register to attend in person but am unable to attend due to Covid, will I get a refund and be able to attend online?
Yes, you will, the difference in price will be refunded to you. Please see Bookings Terms and Conditions for more details and deadlines.
21. If I cannot attend, can I transfer my registration?
Yes, registrations may be transferred to another person. Requests for transfers of registration fees must be made in writing. Please see the Bookings Terms and Conditions for more details and deadlines.
22. Can in-person attendees access the virtual sessions?
In-person attendees can attend any sessions which are online.
23. If my co-presenter(s) are not attending the rest of the conference, do they have to pay for conference registration?
No, co-presenters who don’t attend other sessions don’t have to register for the conference. They do need however to inform us accordingly by the end of April 2022 so that we can grant them access to their presentation slot only.
24. Will I receive a CPD Certificate for attending the conference?
Yes, you will be sent a CPD certificate via email after the conference.
25. Will conference sessions be recorded?
Yes, recordings will be available for conference registrants and available via the online platform until June 30th 2022.
26. Do I need to sign up for individual sessions or workshops after I register for the conference?
Once an individual registers for the conference, they will have access to all of the live conference sessions and recordings. You may have to book for workshops at a later time.
27. If I am attending online, would I be given some guidance on how to use the platform?
Yes, guidance on how to use the digital conference platform will be provided in advance.
28. Can I bring a another person to any of the conference events?
Yes, persons who have not registered for the conference are welcome to join the ‘Night at the Museum’ (Gala Dinner) on Friday 10thJune. This is a ticketed event. All other events are for conference delegates only.
29. Do we get free Wi-Fi at the conference event?
Yes, delegates will have access to free Wi-Fi.
30. What are the travel options to get to the venue?
For travel options, please refer to our venue, accommodation and travel web page.
31. Who should I contact if I have any questions about the conference?
Please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: +44 (0) 207 837 6100