QMU Sports Centre Terms and Conditions
QMU Sports Centre Terms and Conditions
1. Full payment is required before using QMU Sports facilities.
2. Membership cards must be swiped at reception upon entering and will be required to enter the Fitness Suite and Weights Room. NO CARD - NO ENTRY.
3. QMU Sports reserves the right to make changes to programmes, timetables and prices without prior notice. Price increases will be applied in September each year.
4. Last entry to the facilities is 30 minutes prior to closing.
5. The Centre will close annually for 2 weeks over the Christmas and New Year period. We will advertise the dates and times of the closure period 1 month prior to this. Your membership is based on a 50 week year; therefore no refunds will be given for this closure period.
6. Management have the right to close down any area within the Centre which require maintenance, repair or for reason of safety. The aim is to cause minimum disruption and signs will be displayed when facilities are non-operational. In the event of such closure there will be no refund/reduction of fees.
The Fitness Suite & Weights Room
1. An induction is required prior to using the facilities. Inductions can be booked through
the sports reception. 24 hours notice is required to cancel an induction. Failure to do so will result in a £10.00 cancellation fee being charged.
2. Membership cards must be taken up to the Fitness Suite & Weights Room at all times.
3. Appropriate sportswear must be worn at all times. Sports trainers must be worn, no jeans
and no flip flops.
4. All equipment must be wiped down after use.
5. All equipment is to be returned to where it
came from after use.
6. Minimum age for entry to the Fitness Suite is 16 years old. ID may be required prior to
entry. Failure to show ID may result in entry refusal.
Sports Hall & Astroturf Bookings
1. Bookings can be made by contacting the sports reception.
2. 1 hour bookings can be made up to 7 days in advance. Bookings over 1 hour must be
approved by the Leisure Services Manager
3. You must register your attendance at the sports reception on arrival at the centre. Failure to do so may result in loss of privileges to pre-book.
4. Please arrive on time for your class. If you are late for the start of your booking, you may lose your slot.
5. Failure to turn up for a booking may result in the full rate being charged. Should a booking need to be cancelled, please give at least 24 hours notice.
The Group Fitness Programme
1. Due to limited places, please pre book ALL Group Fitness classes.
2. Bookings can be made online or by contacting the sports reception.
3. Classes can only be booked up to 7 days in advance.
4. You must register your attendance to each class. Failure to do so will result in loss of
privileges to pre-book.
5. Please arrive on time for your class. If you are late for the start of your class, your admission may be refused at the discretion of the instructor.
6. If you can no longer attend a class, please cancel it by contacting the sports reception. Failure to do so will result in loss of privileges to pre-book and may result in a charge for regular offenders.
7. Classes require a minimum of 2 participants in order for the class to proceed. In the event that there are less than 2 participants, an alternative activity will be offered.
Conduct / Behaviour
1. In the case of misconduct, the University reserves the right to withdraw memberships,
refuse admission or ask a user to leave the Centre if they reasonably believe that the user has not complied with any of the rules.
2. Sports staff are authorised to prevent activities that they consider to be dangerous. Users must adhere to the rules.
3. Suitable clothing and footwear must be worn at all times. No black-soled shoes to be worn in the sports hall or studio and no studded football boots allowed on the Astroturf.
4. Smoking within the Sports Centre is prohibited. Smoking is only permitted in designated smoking areas outside the Centre.
5. Centre users must not be under the influence of, or bring alcohol, drugs or any other mood altering substances into the Centre.
6. Users must not cause wilful, negligent or deliberate damage to any facilities or the
Centre. Should this occur, the user will be liable for the cost of repair.
7. Users must not behave in a disorderly, abusive or violent manner which is likely to cause offence to any other Centre user or the sports staff.
8. Users must obey staff instructions, notices and signs displayed on the noticeboards or in any other area of the Centre.
9. No glass objects are permitted anywhere in the Centre.
10. Bags and personal belongings are not permitted in sports areas and must be stored in lockers. We recommend that you do not leave valuables anywhere in the Centre.
Queen Margaret Sports accepts no liability or responsibility for loss or damage to property belonging to Centre users. In particular no responsibility can be accepted for loss or theft of valuables at the Centre.
11. Users of the Centre are personally responsible for ensuring that their state of health and physical condition is such as to not involve any risk to themselves or other persons. It is the
responsibility of the user to inform their instructor if their health status changes at any time.
12. QMU Sports accepts no liability for accident or injury caused from using the facilities or equipment.
1. Membership Categories
Memberships are available for the following categories:-
- Student Membership: QMU student
- Staff Membership: QMU staff
- Public Membership: General public
- Concession Membership: Non QMU student, unemployed, over 60’s and under 18’s. ID required
2. Membership Fees
2.1 All fees are paid in advance. Any missed payment will result the membership being suspended immediately and will be reinstated once payments have been brought up to date.
2.2 All membership fees will be increased annually on the 1st of September. We will inform you by email or letter of the changes a minimum of 1 month in advance. Posters will also be displayed on the Centre noticeboards.
2.3 All memberships paid by direct debit are on a continuous basis with payments taken on the last working day of each month.
2.4 No refunds will be given for unused months to those paying in advance for 1 full year.
2.5 A £10 fee for public members is charged for lost or stolen membership cards. If a crime
number is provided, the fee will not apply. University staff and students will need to follow University procedures to replace lost smartcards.
3. Termination of Membership
3.1 Termination by member: The minimum membership period is 3 months, after which your membership can be cancelled by giving 1 months’ notice in writing by email or post to the Sports Reception: Sports Reception Email Address
You will be required to provide 1 further payment after advising us of your cancellation.Following your last payment, members must cancel the direct debit with their bank to
confirm the cancellation. Failure to do this may result in payments continuing to be charged. If you do not cancel the membership using this procedure, no refund will be given.
If there is an outstanding balance on the membership account and the Member chooses to re-join the Centre, the outstanding balance will required to be paid prior to the Member re-joining.
3.2 Termination by the Centre management. Queen Margaret Sports reserves the right to
terminate the membership of any Member who:
- Misuses the facilities and disregards safety guidelines
- Constitutes a safety hazard
- Interferes with the enjoyment of other users
- Defaults payments