Steve is the Chief Operations Officer at QMU and his main areas of responsibility are:
- Delivering the University’s plans for on and off Campus development, including the Edinburgh Innovation Park
- Leading the Universities Estates, IT and Commercial Services Operations ensuring that they deliver effective and efficient client focussed campus environment and meet the academic and corporate objectives of the University.
Steve is a Chartered Surveyor with over 30 years’ experience gained across contracting, client and private sector organisations. He is a past member of the executive of the Association of University Directors of Estates and chaired the Scottish region for 4 years. He has contributed to a number of sector publications on estate related matters, has represented the Scottish Higher Education Directors on various advisory groups and has undertaken consultancy within the UK and abroad.
Steve has developed specialist expertise in all areas of Higher Education Estate design and operation with the Queen Margaret University Campus recognised as a development which exemplifies the future agendas and technologies of higher education. Implicated within this is an integrated estate and IT infrastructure, exemplar space efficiency and leading sustainability credentials.
Affiliations/Memberships to Other Organisations:
- MRICS – Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors RICS
- AIOSH – Affiliated member of the Institute of Occupational Safety & Health IOSH
- Company Directorship - The Edinburgh Innovation Park – Hub Development Company