BA (Hons) Business Management (Graduate Apprenticeship)
Our Graduate Apprenticeship (GA) allows you to ‘work, earn and learn’ by studying for a degree when continuing in your employment. It is a practical and integrated way to launch a new career or develop expertise with your current employer, who will benefit from having highly skilled, more motivated and ambitious employees.
- Learn the higher level management skills that tomorrow’s companies will need, and consolidate that knowledge with real-life work experience.
- We offer a friendly and supportive learning environment at our purpose-built campus that has superb facilities for learning, teaching, living and fun.
- We use a range of innovative teaching methods from work-based learning to an online virtual learning environment, which will support the GA course.
- Your learning fits around your work commitments.
On this course you will:
- Study while continuing in employment.
- Boost your professional development and employability.
- Study the same core modules as full-time Business Management students, covering core management areas such as marketing, business law, research methods and strategy.
- Study work-based learning modules throughout your degree, allowing you to complete projects designed to support your employer’s business goals and objectives.
- Benefit from guidance, mentoring and one-to-one supervision provided by our academic staff in support with your employer mentor.
- Benefit from learning alongside other GAs, who will come from very different organisations and have a range of experience. This provides a stimulating and rewarding stage in your professional and personal development, and a unique networking opportunity.
A Graduate Apprenticeship enables you to study for a degree whilst in employment. This course is a practical and integrated way to launch a new career or develop expertise with your current employer, who will benefit from having highly skilled, more motivated and ambitious employees.
How can the businesses of tomorrow function better? What is the best way for organisations to manage their resources and break into new markets? How important is the business manager in driving this success? Whatever industry you work in, and no matter how experienced you are, a GA degree in Business Management at QMU will equip you with the skills and expertise you need to meet these challenges – and more.
You can opt to study for an honours degree over four years or an ordinary degree over three years.
Rewarding for employers
The Graduate Apprenticeships scheme has great benefits for employers as well as students. Find out more about the benefits of the Graduate Apprenticeships scheme in our video.
A degree in Business Management has been offered by QMU for decades. We regularly review course content and options to ensure students are provided with an up-to-date learning experience which is relevant to current trends in business management. At the
time of posting (Feb 2022) we have not yet confirmed all final modules for each named route for 2023 entry. This information will be posted on the course entry on our website when available.
Teaching, learning and assessment
You will be taught in lectures, seminars and practical workshops. Outside these timetabled sessions you will be expected to continue learning through self-study.
Please also visit the How you teach and how you'll learn page.
You will already be employed, so you won’t suddenly hit the job market like most graduates do. You will be able to take the theoretical understanding you have learnt in your degree and apply it directly to challenges in your workplace. From there, your goal will be to use your new skills to step your career up to the next level.
Scottish Higher: BBBC
The course is available if you are currently living and working in Scotland and working on a full-time or part-time basis.
You can apply if you are aged 16 or over and there is no maximum age limit.
If you have already completed a degree with SAAS funding, you could still do a GA, particularly if it is a career change to something new.
If you are a school leaver or not in employment but think that a GA could be for you, you can apply the same way you would apply for a job. The vacancies are advertised on the Apprenticeships Scotland website.
Typically, we would expect a minimum of four Scottish Highers (or equivalent).
Your application will be assessed on an individual basis, taking into account any previous industry experience you may have. If you have already completed a Foundation or Modern Apprenticeship in a related subject, this will also contribute towards meeting the entry requirements.
If you are interested in applying, please email: email@example.com in the first instance.
Teaching staff, class sizes and timetables
For more information, please visit ‘How we teach and how you’ll learn’.
You will continue to work in your current role while you study. This will help you develop your learning into practical, real-world business expertise.
Before applying for this course, please email GA@qmu.ac.uk in the first instance to discuss your application. We just need to make sure you meet the criteria and that your employer is happy for you to apply to be a Graduate Apprentice.
QMU. More information is in the ‘External Review’ section of the How we teach and how you'll learn page.
Graduate Apprenticeships starting from 2021/22 will apply to SAAS for their fees and for home students the standard fee of £1820 will apply.
- The modules listed here are correct at time of posting (Feb 2022) but may differ slightly to those offered in 2023. Please check back here for any updates.
- The delivery of this course is subject to the terms and conditions set out in our 2023/24 Entry Terms and Conditions (Undergraduate).
- Teaching staff may be subject to change.
Start Your ApplicationApply for this Course
Courses You Might Also Like
- BA/BA (Hons) Business Management
- BA/BA (Hons) Business Management with Analytics*
- BA/BA (Hons) Business Management with Digital Marketing
- BA/BA (Hons) Business Management with Finance
- BA/BA (Hons) Business Management with Human Resource Management
- BA/BA (Hons) International Hospitality, Tourism and Events Management