Prior to joining academia, Ramchandra practiced accountancy in the public sector. He is a Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) and a Fellow with AdvanceHE.
Ramchandra has extensive involvement and a keen interest in quality assurance and enhancement of higher education provisions in national and transnational settings.
He regularly participates in and contributes to the validation, revalidation, and accreditation of HE courses.
Affiliations and Memberships:
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- British Accounting and Finance Association (BAFA) - Executive Board
- Member - BAFA Scotland
- British-Nepal Academic Council
Ramchandra's core research interests include sustainable financing (particularly for small and medium-sized enterprises - SMEs), fintech and access to finance, and sustainability accounting.
Active research interests:
- Sustainable Finance
- Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) considerations in financing and investment decision-making and reporting
- Access to finance for SMEs and Fintech and financial inclusion
- Accounting for sustainability
- Questionnaires and interviews
- Econometrics and time series analysis
Research Centre Membership:
Associate Member of Centre for Applied Social Sciences
Ramchandra teaches a number of finance and accounting-related modules to both undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
He serves as a committee member for the school academic board, the senate of the university, and the convener of the undergraduate programme committee.
Ramchandra supervises UG, PG, and PhD theses in finance and accounting areas.