1. Showcase a collaborative approach to research capacity building across professions and institutions
2. Explore and illustrate the benefits of clinical academic research careers in the Health and Care Professions
3. Present the findings of impactful research undertaken by the Health and Care professions in Scotland
4. Promote the opportunity for early career researchers to network and share their emergent learning and findings
The conference will be open to:
· NHS Lothian NMAHPPS - clinical, research, education and management staff
· Academic staff, undergraduate students and post graduate students from the participating universities
The format will include concurrent sessions and poster presentations:
Concurrent Sessions – these will 15 minute presentations, followed by 5 minutes for questions
Poster – Posters should be A0 (portrait) or A1 (landscape)
1. The abstract must be about a research project or an initiative relating to research capacity building: this could be in progress or completed in the last 3 years (and current status must be clear in the submission).
2. The author(s) must make explicit what they intend to present and how this links to impact on practice.
3. The abstract title should be short and clearly identify the content of the abstract.
4. Abstracts of empirical studies must outline the research process and the focus of the analysis, must indicate the month(s) and year(s) when the data were collected and provide an indication of the results.
5. Abstracts reporting on the results of research studies should be structured: background, aims, methods, results, discussion and conclusions. Statistics including sample size and sampling method used must be supplied where appropriate.
6. Relevant contextual information including definitions of specialist terms must be given.
7. Word limit is 500 (excluding title, authors, references). Figures and tables can be included.
8. Up to three references may be cited and these must be provided using the Harvard referencing system.
Deadline for submissions: 19th of June 2023
For more information about the conference please contact: