This page has information on how our campus is well placed to provide COVID-secure teaching, learning and services. Also on this page, you will find guidance on keeping yourself and others safe, and our face coverings policy.
With its modern design and an airy main atrium, designed for the easy flow of people, our campus is well suited to allow you to avoid being too close to others.
With a number of catering outlets across the campus, we can provide our high quality catering while avoiding congestion and offer an online ordering and collection app. Find out more about eating and shopping on campus.
Space for private study
As our Learning Resource Centre forms a full quarter of our main academic building, we are well placed to provide study space that allows you to avoid being too close to others. Find out more on our Library website.
Fresh air and green space
There is plenty of inspiring outdoor space to enjoy in and around our beautiful campus grounds.
On campus, we have an extensive set of safety measures in place, including:
- hand sanitizing stations (including hand sanitizers plus wipes etc as appropriate).
- rigorous hygiene procedures, including cleaning of classrooms throughout the day and high frequency cleaning of key touch points;
- good ventilation;
- specification of reduced occupancy in classrooms and meeting rooms;
- signage in place to advise on health and safety and to ensure the safe flow of students and staff through our buildings.
Use of face coverings on campus
You are not required to wear a face covering on campus, but we encourage you to wear one in busy spaces. (Different guidance may apply for clinics on campus.) See the Scottish Government website for more advice on when to wear a face covering.
Protecting yourself and others from COVID
The key things to remember are:
- While you are not required to wear a face covering on campus, we encourage you to wear one in busy spaces.
- We encourage you strongly to get fully vaccinated if you are not already (see NHS Inform’s vaccination website)
- Keep your distance and keep left when moving around the campus: please don’t congregate in narrow walkways or communal spaces, and try to avoid crowded spaces generally.
- Keep your hands clean by washing them regularly throughout the day and using the hand gel at sanitiser stations on campus.
- Go cashless: where possible, please use contactless to pay for food and drink.
- Take advantage of fresh air: try to keep windows open, and where you can, socialise outside.
- Feeling unwell? Stay at home if you are.