- Tanja Kocjančič (2010) Ultrasound and acoustic analysis of lingual movement in teenagers with Childhood Apraxia of Speech, control adults and typically developing children. PhD, QMU. [pdf on e-theses]
- Rebecca Rodger (2010) Voice quality of children and young people with Down's Syndrome and its impact
on listener judgement. PhD, QMU. [phd on e-theses]
- Joanne Cleland (2010) Speech and prosody in developmental disorders: Autism and Down's Syndrome. PhD, QMU. [was Joanne McCann] [pdf on e-theses]
- Leila Mackie (2010) The relationship between language skills, social cognition and externalising behaviour in Primary school aged boys. PhD thesis, QMU. [affiliated to Centre for Integrated Healthcare Research] [pdf on e-theses]
- Esther de Leeuw (2009) When your native language sounds foreign: a phonetic investigation into first language attrition. PhD, QMU. [pdf on e-theses]
- Lianne Carroll (2007) Language development
and its relationship with theory of mind in schoolage children
with high functioning autism. PhD, QMU. [pdf on e-theses]
- Natalia Zharkova (2007) An investigation
of coarticulation resistance in speech production using
ultrasound. PhD, QMU. [pdf on e-theses]
- Ioulia Grichkovtsova (2006) A cross-linguistic study of the production of affective prosody by monolingual and bilingual children (Scottish English and French). PhD, QMU. [pdf on e-theses ]
- Helen McGrane (2006) An investigation
into the ability of adults with post-stroke aphasia to learn
new vocabulary. PhD, QMUC. [pdf] [Now Helen Kelly]
- Olga B. Gordeeva (2005) Language Interaction
in the Bilingual Acquisition of Sound Structure: a longitudinal
study of vowel quality, duration and vocal effort in pre-school
children speaking Scottish English and Russian. PhD, QMUC.
[pdf] and [pdf on e-theses ]
- Susanne Fuchs (2005) Articulatory Correlates
of the Voicing Contrast in Alveolar Obstruent Production
in German. PhD, QMUC. [Revised version published by ZAS
online there, and for convenience here]
- Richard Mullooly (2004) An Electromagnetic-Articulograph
Study of Alternating [r] and the Effects of Emphatic Stress
on the Articulation of Rhotic Consonants. PhD, QMUC. [pdf]
- Fay Windsor (2002) An acoustic investigation
of gestural organisation for speech in typically developing
children, phonologically disordered children and adults:
a cross -sectional and longitudinal study. PhD, QMUC.
- Anne P. Walton (2002) Communication in
young people with intellectual impairments: the influence
of partnership. PhD, QMUC.
- Ben M. Matthews (2001) On variability
and the acquisition of vowels in normally developing Scottish
children (18-36 months). PhD, QMUC. [abstract]
- Lucy Anne Ellis (2000) An Instrumental
Study of Alveolar to Velar Assimilation in Slow and Fast
Speech using EPG and EMA Techniques. PhD, QMUC.
- Catherine Mayo (2000) The Relationship
between Phonemic Awareness and Cue Weighting in Speech Perception:
Longitudinal and Cross-Sectional Studies. PhD, QMUC.
- Wendy M.M. Cohen (1999) Measuring Speech
Motor Skills in Phonologically Disordered Pre-school Children
and thir Normally Developing Peers. PhD, Open University/QMUC.
- Ann Hodson (1999) A Longitudinal Study
into the Relationship between Speech Motor Control and Language
Processing Skills of Scottish Children Infected with the
Human Immunodeficiency Virus. PhD Open University/QMUC.
[now Ann Clark]
- Mack, Siobhan Kathryn (1999) Single-route
and dual-route approaches to reading aloud difficulties
associated with dysphasia. PhD, QMUC.
- Moray Nairn (1997) Perceptual and Acoustic
Gender Differences in the Speech of 4 1/2 - 5 1/2 year old
children. PhD, Open University/Queen Margaret College.
- Jocelynne Margaret Maxwell Watson (1997)
Sibilant-Vowel Coarticulation in the Perception of Speech
by Children with Phonological Disorders. PhD, Open University/Queen
- Sara Elizabeth Wood (1997) An Electropalatographic
Study of Speech Sound Errors in Adults with Acquired Aphasia.
PhD, Open University/Queen Margaret College.
- Elizabeth Claire Dean (1995) A study
of the relationship between phonological awareness and phonological
processing in four and five year old children. PhD, Open
University/Queen Margaret College.
- Daphne Margaret Waters (1992) An investigation
of motor control for speech in phonologically delayed children,
normally developing children and adults. PhD, Council for
National Academic Awards/Queen Margaret College.
- Clin Watson (1992) An acoustic investigation
into higher partial enhancement in the voices of a group
of opera singers. PhD, Council for National Academic Awards/Queen
PhD Theses awarded by other institutions but co-supervised by or authored by CASL staff include
Tariq Maitaq (2013) A Phonetic Study of Emphasis in Libyan Arabic. PhD Thesis, University of Edinburgh.
- Paul H. Brocklehurst (2011) The roles of speech errors, monitoring, and anticipation in the production of normal and stuttered disfluencies. PhD Thesis, University of Edinburgh [Link]
- Catherine Dickie (2009) Exploring the Nature of the Phonological Deficit in Dyslexia: Are Phonological Representations Impaired?
PhD Thesis, University of Edinburgh.
- Correy T. McMillan (2008) Articulatory Evidence for Interactivity in Speech Production. PhD Thesis, University of Edinburgh. [link]
Jois Elizabeth Stansfield (2001) Education for practice: the development of competence in speech and language therapy students. EdD Thesis, University of Durham.
- Fiona E. Gibbon (1998) Lingual articulation in children with developmental speech disorders. PhD Thesis, University of Luton.
Selected MSc theses awarded by QMU
- Raena Pridy (2013)
- Lesley Finlayson (2013)
- Victoria McNeill (2013)
- Konstantina Kanta (2013)