University Secretary’s Group
The University Secretary’s Group consists of 3 divisions: Registry & Academic Administration, Governance & Quality Enhancement and External Liaison & Student Services.
Reporting to the University Secretary, the University Secretary’s Group brings together a range of professional staff who work together to:
· Shape the development of the University’s Quality Assurance and Enhancement processes, procedures and structures so as to promote effective academic governance and ensure that the University meets the requirement of its stakeholders, including those of the SFC, the QAA and external accrediting bodies.
· Contribute to the provision of an effective support infrastructure for research and knowledge exchange that supports the research community at QMU and contributes to the University’s research and KE ambitions and outputs.
· Influence the development and implementation of the student experience strategy, leading on specific aspects but with a focus on supporting the learner at all stages from pre-entry to graduation and beyond, the promotion of innovation and the development of learning and teaching.
· Contribute to the sustainability of the University by providing professional support to portfolio review and curriculum development. This includes the provision of market intelligence, including that relating to demographic shifts within the UK and internationally, and proactive engagement with Scottish and UK government preoccupations, including regional coherence, FE/HE articulation, widening participation and fair access.
· Promote and reflect the diversity of the student population, delivering support through a variety of means and in support of a range of collaborative partnerships at home and overseas.
· Manage our resources effectively through the efficient and flexible deployment of staff, a reduction in duplication of effort, the development of staff competence and succession planning and the establishment of an effective and efficient technological infrastructure.
· Maximise the impact of our work through the effective engagement with academic staff and with students, developing further a service led approach to our work which builds relationships with stakeholders, and which is subject to regular review and evaluation.
^ to top