All individual e-books are listed in the Library Catalogue, with direct links to the full text of the book. For some titles we also have the print version. Our e-book collections - ebrary, MyiLibrary, Dawsonera, and EBL are also listed on our database page.
Out-of-copyright books are increasingly becoming available on the Internet. Links to free e-books are listed below but please note these books are not included in the library catalogue.
- Project Gutenberg : the first and largest single collection of free electronic books on the internet.
- Planet ebook : the home of free classic literature. All the novels and books are entirely free for you to download and share.
- The Online Books Page : a regularly updated list of over 30,000 free books on the Web maintained by the University of Pennsylvania Library.
- Oxford Text Archive The OTA collects, catalogues, preserves and distributes high-quality digital resources for research and teaching and currently holds thousands of texts in more than 25 languages. It also hosts the Arts and Humanities Data Service (AHDS) Literature, Languages and
- Google Books : out-of-copyright books freely available via the Library Project.
- Hathi Trust : HathiTrust is a partnership of major research institutions and libraries working to ensure that the cultural record is preserved and accessible long into the future. It contains over 2M items in the public domain and catalogue records of a further 6M volumes.
- Wellcome Library : 400 digitised rare early texts from the Wellcome Library. This free content is brought to you by ProQuest and the Wellcome Library as part of ProQuest’s Early European Books project.
^ to top