skip to page content
home | course search | site map
Queen Margaret University Edinburgh logo and also link to the homepage

Life in the UK

Keeping Healthy

All international students who study full-time in Scotland are entitled to free medical advice and hospital treatment under the National Health Service in Scotland. The cost of dental care, and eye tests are not covered by the NHS.

It is advisable to register with a doctor once you are settled in your accommodation. If you are living on campus you can register with our local GP by picking up a form at our Student Services reception desk.

Student medical services at the University are delivered in partnership with:

The Riverside Practice
Musselburgh Primary Care Centre
Inveresk Road
East Lothian

EH21 7BP

T: 0131-446-4171

For more information on keeping healthy while you are in the UK please read information produced by the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) .

Culture Shock

It is very common for international students to suffer from culture shock at some point during their studies. UKCISA have produced a useful information sheet which you might find helpful and reassuring.

Please remember that if you need to talk to anybody you can speak to somebody from RILO or arrange to meet with the Counsellor.

It has even been known for students to suffer from reverse culture shock when returning back home. More information about reverse culture shock can be found on UKCISA.

Contact us

For further information, please contact Alternatively you can call us on +44 131 474 0099.



^ to top

last modified 30/11/11 Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh EH21 6UU - Tel: +44 (0)131 474 0000
find us | contact us © Queen Margaret University 2005. terms of use | accessibility | FOI & data protection