Guanyang is the Manager and Research Fellow of China Program, DFID-funded COMDIS Health Service Delivery Research Consortium (COMDIS-HSD) hosted by the University of Leeds based in China since 2008. Before joining COMDIS - HSD, he was a Program Officer for the Chinese (Guangdong’s) Medical Team Program for Africa since 2000. Since 2012, he was appointed as a Visiting Research Fellow of Sun Yat-sen Center for Migrant Health Policy at Sun Yat-sen University, China.
Guanyang received various recognitions throughout his career, including, for example, award of ‘outstanding individual in SARS control’ from Guangdong Provincial Government (2003); a British Chevening Scholarship, which supported his master’s study in the UK (2006); a Santander Current Student Scholarship, which supports his current PhD study (2013); and award of ‘Emerging Voice for Global Health (EV4GH) 2014- a blended training program for young researchers on health research and scientific communication’.
Guanyang has published widely on TB /NCD, health systems, migrants’ health and development assistance in international journals. His PhD research aims to develop and apply a systems-based framework to assess the influence of financing mechanisms on TB care in ‘designated’ general hospitals in China.
- Wei X, Zou G, Yin J, Walley J, Zhang X, Li R, et al. Effective reimbursement rates of the rural health insurance among uncomplicated tuberculosis patients in China. Tropical Medicine & International Health 2014:n/a-n/a.
- Zou G, McPake B, Wei X. Chinese health foreign aid and policy: beyond medical aid. The Lancet 2014;383(9927):1461-62.
- Zou G , Wei X, Gong W, Yin J, Walley J, Yu Y, Zhang Z, King R, et al. Evaluation of a systematic cardiovascular disease risk reduction strategy in primary healthcare: an exploratory study from Zhejiang, China. Journal of Public Health 2014. doi: 10.1093/pubmed/fdu013
- Lu L, Zou G, Zeng Z, Han L, Guo Y, Ling L. Health-Related Quality of Life and Its Correlates among Chinese Migrants in Small- and Medium-Sized Enterprises in Two Cities of Guangdong. PLoS ONE 2014;9(1):e83315.
- Wei X, Zou G, Walley J, Yin J, Lonnroth K, Uplekar M, Wang W, Sun Q. China(2014) Tuberculosis Policy at Crucial Crossroads: Comparing the Practice of Different Hospital and Tuberculosis Control Collaboration Models Using Survey Data. PLoS ONE 9(5): e99150. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0099150
- Dong B, Liang D, Lin M… Zou G, Jing H. Bacterial Etiologies of Five Core Syndromes: Laboratory-Based Syndromic Surveillance Conducted in Guangxi, China. PLoS ONE 2014;9(10):e110876.
- Wei X, Zou G, Gong W, Yin J, Yu Y, et al. (2013) Cardiovascular disease risk reduction in rural China: a clustered randomized controlled trial in Zhejiang. Trials 14: 354.
- Wei X, Zou G, Yin J, Walley J, Zhou B, Yu Y, et al. Characteristics of High Risk People with Cardiovascular Disease in Chinese Rural Areas: Clinical Indictors, Disease Patterns and Drug Treatment. PLoS ONE 2013;8(1):e54169.
- Zou G , Wei X, Witter S, et al. Incremental cost-effectiveness of improving treatment results among migrant tuberculosis patients in Shanghai. The International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease. 2013; 17: 1056-1064
- Wei X, Yin J, Zou G, Walley J, Zhong J, et al. (2013) Patient care pathways under the model of integrating tuberculosis service with general hospitals in China. Tropical Medicine & International Health 18: 1392-1399.
- Wei X, Zou G, Yin J, Walley J, Sun Q (2013) Comparing patient care seeking pathways in three models of hospital and TB programme collaboration in China. BMC Infectious Diseases 13: 93
- Zou G, Wei X, Walley J, Jia Y, Qiang S. Integration of TB service in the general hospital in two regions of China: a qualitative study. BMC health services research 2012: 12(11)
- Wei X, Zou G*, Yin J, Walley J, Yang H, Kliner M, Mei J: Providing financial incentives to rural-to-urban TB migrants in Shanghai: an intervention study. Infectious Diseases of Poverty 2012, 1(1):9.( *corresponding author)
- Sun Q, Yin J, Yin X, Zou G, Liang M, Zhong J, Walley J, Wei X: Does the integration of TB medical services in the general hospital improve the quality of TB care? Evidence from a case study in China. Journal of Public Health 2012.
- Zhang X, Wei X, Zou G, Walley J, Zhang H, Guo X, et al. Evaluation of active tuberculosis case finding through symptom screening and sputum microscopy of close contacts in Shandong, China. Tropical Medicine & International Health 2011:16(12):1511-17.
- Wei X, Zou G, Zhang H, Li R, Walley JD, Jiang S, et al. Evaluating the impact of decentralising tuberculosis microscopy services to rural township hospitals in Gansu Province, China. BMC Public Health 2011;11(1):103.
- Wei X, Zou G, Zhang H, Walley J, Liu Z, Newell J, et al. Implementation of the Chinese national microscopy centre policy: health facility survey in Shandong Province.Tropical Medicine & International Health 2011;16(7):847-853.
- Wei X, Li R, Zou G, Walley J, Newell J, Liu Z. Evaluating the policy of setting up microscopy centres at township hospitals in Shandong China: experience from patients and providers. Health Policy 2010;95(2-3):113-21.
Zou G.(2014) China helps to combat Ebola in West Africa, in IHP news #287