You're making a difference
Here are some of the changes we’ve made thanks to your feedback. You can find more examples on our "You said, we are listening" posters around campus.
Starting at QMU
- We changed the layout of the induction website to make it easier to locate your induction timetable.
- We changed the layout of the atrium to make the smartcard collection process faster and more efficient.
- We recruited more student guides to help you on arrivals weekend and during induction week.
- We added new events for international and EU students during arrivals weekend and induction week, including a bus trip to IKEA and a walking tour of Musselburgh.
- We created 2 new quiet study rooms and 5 additional group study spaces in the LRC.
- We are piloting a new feedback dialogue system in some programmes, giving you the opportunity to request feedback on specific areas and reflect on how you have acted upon previous feedback.
- Some programmes have developed a ‘Glossary of Feedback Terms’ to make it easier for you to understand commonly used expressions and tutor feedback.
- We have put in place robust systems to provide prompt feedback within the 20 working day deadline.
- We have created a new handbook for supervisors of Postgraduate Research students and are now running yearly supervisor’s training sessions.
Life on Campus
- Free hot water is now available in 1875 for students and staff who use their own cup.
- The atrium is open 24/7.
- We have added additional power sockets in the atrium.
- We produced a mobile app to show you where terminals are available across the University.
Thanks for helping us make QMU better! Your voice really does count.
^ to top