Scottish Centre for Food Development and Innovation
Leading Innovation in Food and Drink
Queen Margaret University has established academic expertise in the translation and application of science to support commercially successful research and development within industry.
Through our practical innovation support and creative business solutions can help businesses with:
- New and innovative product development and analysis;
- Development of leading edge functional, health enhancing products and ingredients;
- Reformulation of existing products – for example healthier alternatives to fat, salt and sugar;
- Innovative sources of raw materials to produce novel ingredients and ensure sustainability;
- Ingredients to improve product processing and preservation;
- Nutritional analysis, shelf life testing, consumer focus groups and taste panels.
Supported by specialist academic staff the Centre’s superb facilities include
- Dedicated microbiology laboratory;
- Fully-equipped sensory suite;
- Dedicated chemistry laboratory;
- Technology/white room for industry to test new technology;
- Development kitchen.
These facilities combined with our academic knowledge and expertise in food, nutrition and biological sciences offer companies in the food and drink industry an unrivalled opportunity to innovate and develop new products which are underpinned by our scientific research.
To learn more please watch our new film showcasing the Centre and our work with business.
Access to all of the above facilities is available on a commercial basis to industry and SMEs. Please contact Miriam Smith, Business Development Manager, to discuss your requirements - Mobile: 07872 128688.
To support the industry to meet its vision of becoming “A Land of Food and Drink”and contribute significantly towards the government agenda for a healthier Scotland, we work with a range of agencies including:
To find out more about our research in this field please visit our section on Food and Drink.
^ to top