Alumni & Friends
Welcome to the section for QMU alumni & friends
The Alumni & Development Office has two key roles:
1. ALUMNI - To maintain and develop the relationship between former students and QMU.
2. DEVELOPMENT - To secure support for special projects which are not covered by our core funding.
When you become a QMU graduate you will join an extended community of fellow alumni (former students) who are based all around the world. Our students and graduates are QMU's greatest assets. We are proud of all you achieve, both during your time here, and in the years beyond.
Wherever you are in the world, and whatever you end up doing, we want to keep in touch with you and help ensure your memories of QMU last a lifetime. The Alumni Office is here to ensure your relationshp with QMU continues long after graduation.
What can the Alumni Office do for you?
- QMYou - Keep you in touch with QMU through the QMYou magazine (sent out twice a year to former students and supporters)
- Reunions - Support graduates organising Reunions
- Events, Career Opportunities - we will keep you in touch with relevant news and events
- Contact us - We will try to direct any queries from graduates to the correct department
What can you do for QMU?
- Please see the Ways to get involved page for more details on how to:
- Share your Career stories with current students
- Share your memories - we are creating an on-line archive of personal memories and photos from former students and staff
- Archive - add to the fascinating collection of QMU archive material. All donations very welcome
- Keep your details up to date by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make a gift
We achieve the main objective of securing support for special projects not covered by core funding by approaching a variety of individuals, Trusts and corporate benefactors. Their generous contributions help support:
- Scholarships, prizes and placements for current students
- Equipment for subject areas
- Research projects and research groups
- Capital projects such as the new campus
Recent donations generously made to QMU include:
- Our largest single donation to date (over £500,000) from an anonymous donor in order to fund research into osteoporosis and how patient handling techniques can be improved to lessen the risk to sufferers whilst in hospital.
- Annual donation of £40,000 from Santander Universities to fund International Scholarships, Research travel grants and Community Awards to charities where QMU students have been active in volunteering
- £24,000 from the Trust for "Wounded Willy", a full size body phantom for use in the Radiography Department
- A generous donation towards the construction of the main Lecture Theatre on the new campus from Drs Bruce and Diane Halle from the USA
Please click on friends and supporters and ways to get involved for more information and case studies.
^ to top